Submissions for the Australian CIGRE NGN nominations for the 2022 Paris Session NGN Showcase are now open!
Applications are now open to NGN members for the 2022 NGN Showcase event at the Paris session. This is a great opportunity to present at an international forum. Successful applicants will be required to prepare a presentation and a paper in the area of one of the CIGRE preferred subjects for the 2022 Session.
We encourage you to review the below documentation and put forward a presentation and paper detailing your recent technical work, for an opportunity to present on an international stage in Paris, France and attend the entire week-long conference.
Successful applicants will receive free registration to the event and support in Paris. (Note: Successful applicants will need to fund their own travel and accommodation arrangements) Applications will remain open until the 26th of November 2021.
Note the following changes for 2022:
- Full papers are now required for all candidates (10 page maximum).
- All candidates must be Individual I, Individual II or Student CIGRE members. Collective memberships will no longer be accepted. Please have your members apply even if they are in the process of obtaining membership. CIGRE is in the process of launching a new membership portal that should make obtaining membership much easier and quicker in the near future.
See below for the draft 2022 showcase timeline:
- September 15, 2021: Email Secretary General of CIGRE, Philippe Adam, to invite all national committees to participate and nominate candidates for the NGN Presentation Showcase. See email and invitation below.
- December 17, 2021: It is recommended that National Committees confirm their participation in the 2022 NGN Presentation Showcase event to the showcase coordinator.
- January 24, 2022: Each participating country should complete the nomination of their candidates.
- January 24, 2022: SC Chairs begin to review the submissions.
- March 25, 2022: The SC Chairs should complete the selection process and should inform the showcase coordinator of their decisions.
- March 29, 2022: The coordinator will inform the candidates about which NGN Presentation Showcase slots they have been allocated, or if they have not been allocated a slot.
- April 8, 2022: Each selected candidate must inform the NGN Showcase Coordinator if he or she intends to participate in the NGN Presentation Competition.
- May 2, 2022: The NGN Showcase Coordinator will inform all NGN Presentation Competition candidates of their scheduled presentation times during the NGN Presentation Competition.
- July 2022: SC Chairs to provide final program to the NGN Showcase Coordinator. NGN Showcase Coordinator to give presenters notice on presentation time and venue.
- August 2022: NGN Showcase presentations and NGN Presentation Competition at the Centennial Session.
Submissions for Australian NGN nominations for the NGN showcase should be sent to
Submissions will be open until COB 26th November 2021. Successful applicants will receive free registration to the session.
Supporting information downloads
Please note, the paper template is the 2020 paper template to use as a guide for now. The 2022 paper template has not yet been released. It will be uploaded to KMS as soon as it is available.
Invitation to NCs for showcase:
Invitation to NCs for the NGN Showcase 2022
C2 – 2022 Paris Session Preferential Subjects
PowerPoint presentation template:
C3 – 2022 NGN Presentation Showcase Template
D2 – Paper Template NGN Presentation Showcase 2022
Supporting information template:
E – Supporting Information Document 2022 – Template E – Supporting Information Document 2022 – Sample
Showcase feedback form (indicates how papers will be assessed):
Feedback Form 2022
For more information on the showcase, see the previous post.